Back Brace for Compression Fractures, Kyphosis, Osteoporosis and More
spinal fracture brace is ideal for treating a number of conditions
affecting the thoracic spine. Besides compression fractures, these might
- Mechanical back pain of the thoracic spine
- Pre- and post-surgical care
kyphosis back brace features a mechanical pulley system that makes it
easy to apply and adjust the amount of compression this kyphosis back
brace provides. This eliminates the risk causing more damage by
straining and/or twisting to cinch up a back brace.
thoracic lumbar sacral orthosis (TLSO) brace stretches from the
sacrococcygeal junction at the base of the spine all the way up to the
inferior spine of the scapula between the shoulder blades. (See more TLSO braces.)
And the postural extension orthosis stretches across the back in an
anatomically correct manner. The ergonomic design of the posterior
plastic shell provides a natural 15 degrees of lordosis (curve of the
The posterior shell of this osteoporosis back brace
is encased in plush spacer material. This spacer mesh is reinforced and
durable. Plus it is breathable for user comfort. The inner liner of this
thoracic spine support is soft, plush material.
The straps of the
compression fracture treatment support are placed so that they are
non-irritating. Plus they are adjustable and soft, especially in the
underarm area. The thoracic spine support has alligator Velcro tabs on
the straps that make it easy for one to adjust their length.
Thoracic Spine Brace for Early Onset Osteoporosis
number of the aforementioned conditions play into one another.
Osteoporosis, or degeneration of the discs of the spine as one ages that
makes them brittle and fragile, can lead to compression fractures.
Compression fractures can result in the vertebrae taking on a wedged
shape that can ultimately lead to kyphosis. Kyphosis refers to an
abnormally severe C-curve to the thoracic spine. (BraceAbility offers a
number of braces for kyphosis treatment.) Considering this, it should not be surprising that are similarities when it comes to treating these conditions.
other more common cause of thoracic spine injuries are those sustained
during a high velocity accident, like a car crash or falling off a high
ladder or diving into shallow water. Learn more about back injuries and conditions.
some cases, surgery is necessary to correct damaged vertebrae or an
abnormal curve of the spine. This is especially true if there are any
signs the spinal cord is being impacted. When surgery is necessary, this
kyphosis spine support can support the spine leading up to and
following the procedure. Find more back supports for post-operative care.
surgery is not necessary, wearing a mid-back brace like this one can
help with one’s symptoms. The postural extension it provides can help
prevent the condition from worsening and provide pain relief. In
instances where kyphosis is caused by poor posture, wearing a TLSO back
brace can actually reverse the condition. Check out BraceAbility’s full
line of posture braces.
either case the plush lining and anatomically-conscious design of the
brace means wearing the compression fracture support will be as pleasant
an experience as possible.
Spinal Compression Fracture Brace Features
Cybertech extension brace is a respected and effective thoracic brace
for a number of reasons. Some of its selling points include the
- Mechanical advantage pulley system for easy compression application
- Provides thoracic postural extension alignment
- Treats: Osteoporosis, kyphosis, compression fractures, mechanical back problems
- Can be used for pre- and post-surgical care
- Provides support from the inferior spine of the scapula to the sacrococcygeal junction
- Posterior plastic shell is ergonomically shaped, including 15 degrees of lordosis
- The shell is covered in spacer material
- Soft plush liner
- Reinforced spacer mesh is durable and breathable
- Application is simple and similar to putting on a backpack
- Soft shoulder straps are located in a user-friendly location
- Strap length is easy to adjust thanks to alligator Velcro tabs
- Available in four sizes fitting waist circumferences 30 inches to 50 inches